Sunday, August 30, 2009

lights out.

game over.

We drove like maniacs to reach the ol Spring by Friday, giving us time to clean and repack all of our crap into my wee wee car so that I could make it down to Austin in time to start the ol school-e-o.....man was it strange to drive that tiny thing.....it seemed like we were going so fast at just 50mph....center of gravity is so weird.

so we made it to Big Spring pretty late and had not eaten dinner yet....rolled up to la casa de mis padres
and surprise....no electricity. Welcome home....good thing I had all of that camping gear and some leftover pasta in the car. So we busted out the lanterns and camp stove....and.....out of gas. Nooooo. Everything closes super early in BS, so we were sad, but then I had the brilliant idea of using the grill to heat the pasta....ummm it tasted just like smoke.....gross. and welcome to Big Spring.

The next day was spent packing and cleaning my tent....Chris thought this to be the most absurd thing ever.....but oh well...it was a happy tenty.

And honestly, I don't think i have ever seen my parents so happy to see me.....not because they missed me, but because they missed their CAR. Freaks. Now I miss her....sweet sweet SunnieBee.

10,823.4 miles ......yo. and remarkably, we never had one car problem.....go Denali.

So now we are home, back in Austin....nestled in our own beds. The crazy thing is that I keep waking up in the middle of the night panicking, wondering where the heck I am....I guess i have to be constantly moving to feel settled.

And there it is....to Alaska and back in 2 months and some change.....speaking of change....thanks mom!

We would also like to thank everyone that was so kind to offer us crash pads along the way....it was real...it was fun.....real fun.

It is hard to believe that our country can be so beautiful.... an amazing experience.... one I will never forget..... and one I will enjoy revisiting in my mind from time to time.


F I N I T O

No comments:

Post a Comment